Now, on to ghosts of crafts past. Y’all know my first craft was cross-stitch. I have about 6 framed and 13 unframed FINISHED cross-stitches at home. Then there are the 3 that needed to be finished (we aren’t going to talk about the 35 that I want to do). The first one is the SHAWN cross-stitch designed by me. Shawn was my high school sweetheart and I finally decided that even though I designed it, it needed to be tossed. And it was last Friday. I call that finished.
I started the wedding couple in 1998 for my wedding…and it is now finished! I’m going to make a pillow out of it for the guest bedroom. I have my wedding flowers, candle sticks, and cake topper in the guest bedroom, so why not add this? I can always use new pillows. Also, Markley bought me the actual figurine for my birthday that year and it’s in there too.
The last cross-stitch is my Christmas stocking. I finished Markley’s and Sandy’s years ago. Mine has hung by the chimney w/o a name. Luckily, Santa knows that I haven’t finished anything. But, now, I have finished drawing the pattern and picking the DMC thread and it’s in my desk drawer to work on each day at work.
Now, the multitudes of unfinished projects. I have 17 (two aren’t pictured). My goal is to finish all 17 projects THIS YEAR, 2010. So, here’s the list (pattern or name; fabric line or store)
1. t-shirt; Hard Rock Café & Planet Hollywood t-shirts (not pictured)
2. ugly color quilt; various (not pictured)
3. Bull’s Eye; red, pink, and green to look like watermelons
4. Bull’s Eye; bright colors on black
5. Folk Art Log Cabin (Thimbleberries); various Alco
6. Cake Stand; carnival blooms
7a&7b. Watermelon Log Cabin; various Sisters’ Scraps
8. Christmas Table Attire; Holly Jolly—bright
9. Crazy 9-Patch; French Gardens
10. Crazy 9-Patch; Garden Market
11. Lucky Stars pillow shams; Wal*mart
12. A Slice of Summer; A Slice of Summer
13. sun glasses holder; Cherished Teddies
14. Crazy 9-Patch; Figgy Pudding
15. Crazy 9-Patch; pacific point, wild wasabi, sahara sand colors
16. Texas flag rag; various Sisters’ Scraps
17. Crazy 9-Patch; Debbie Mumm gardening
P.S. This doesn’t count the ones that I have fabric for but no pattern. Or a pattern and no fabric. Maybe I will look at these next time or maybe I should just think about the 17 above.
Happy New Year!